Thursday, March 02, 2006

I Wanna Pee On You...

I can't remember if i wrote about this before, so pardon me if I have, but something made me think of it. And yes, I know I'm late to this party...

I was just flipping through iTunes looking for something to listen to and I saw R. Kelly. My wonderful lovebird gave me Kells' TP3 Reloaded for Christmas. (By the way, best artwork of the year. Standing on a mountaintop with your shirt mostly open? Correct choice.) Like most people, I was intrigued by the "Trapped in the Closet" suite. The record didn't come with every chapter, only 1 through 5, but plenty to give you a good idea about it and a DVD of those first 5 "episodes".

I flipped in the DVD to check it out and was, like most people, flabbergasted. That initial shock eventually gave way to laughter which quickly gave way to rapture. By the end of chapter 5, I had tears in my eyes, on the verge of losing it.

Really? Crying to music by a man who wrote the lyric, "Girl I'm ready to toss your salad/When I'm making love, I'll be feasting/Girl you're in the kitchen/Sweating up a storm/The oven's on 500/So you know the kitchen's warm."?

Yes. It's seriously that good.

No comments: