Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I finally got my iTunes back up and working after a delay, so that's the main reason for lack of posts this week as I typically type and listen to music here on one thing. Problem is, every time I install the new version from the Apple site, Big Brother, Mr. Norton Antivirus, decides that its not safe enough for me to listen to my music through iTunes. Who does this dill think he is?

Anyways, I travel to NYC to visit friends on Friday so I should have something enjoyable and substantial for you to read by this weekend as I'll be keeping my ear to the ground during the commute.

For now:

  • Blood On The Wall, "Stoner Jam" -- Real nice Sonic Youth-type rock that I (appropriately) first heard on the way back from heady Vermont on Sirius. These boys and grrrl are from NYC and the fashionably gritty coolness factor shows. The rest of their Awesomer record ain't that bad either.
  • Boredoms, Vision Creation Newsun -- I haven't fully digested this one, but it's some tribal, prog-heavy and unbelievably ecstatic stuff made by the real Pro-Lifers. Praise God!
  • Acid Mothers Temple & the Cosmic Inferno, IAO CHANT -- Come on. Just check out that name. How cool are the Japenese? More crazy psychedelic explosions from the maximalists. Also a more accessible place to start with this group, but only if you can sit still for the 50 minute run time.
  • James Taylor is no better than a post-buffalo-wing poo. Fire and rain.

1 comment:

pete said...

whoa whoa whoa, ms. lippy...
hating on james taylor is like hating your father, who obviously listened to him incessantly. comparing him to another thing i love does nothiing for me either.