Tuesday, April 10, 2007

B is for Boring Idea


Driving back from Northern NJ today for work I came up with a wonderful idea to give myself some more initiative to post on here. While lifting an idea from Sue Grafton is probably a horrendous idea, I'm going to anyway to give myself some parameters to write. Essentially it'll be A: (band name/genre/city that begins with A), B: (band name/genre/city that begins with B), etc. It'll give me direction and on a writing schedule that'll have a definite topic -- sometimes I find myself floundering about for something to write about. Similar to what James Murphy did with 44:33*, I'm giving myself certain boundaries, but truly imaginary boundaries that "restrict" only in the sense that I'm giving myself 26 consecutive things to write about. By the way, this won't be done in 26 days and if I feel the need to write about something else, "off-letter", I will. I care about you, that's why I'm doing this. Just so you know.

*This is untrue.

No comments: