Friday, February 24, 2006

So I wrote a song last night on the guitar about these guys that were stealing dead bodies and selling the parts to people that needed them. It really didn't turn out as morose as it sounds, its actually kind of happy and the words aren't nearly that bad. If I can figure it out, I will post the song so you all can hear. (Does anyone know how to do this?) Problem is, once I usually record I get terribly embarrassed and critical about the sound of my own voice and my playing. But I'm psyched -- it's the first I've been able to write in months!

In other news, if you haven't picked up Sunn O)))'s Black One, and you're a fan of metal or horror movies, do so. It's some of the most twisted and surreal dark art -- it made me get more than a little woozy when I turned it up loud. The last track is super scary: the vocalist was recorded in a closed casket so you hear every one of his tight-chested breaths and bloodcurdling screams along side their trademark bowel loosening guitar and bass rumbles.

No comments: