Monday, February 13, 2006

Intermission

I will be gone from Wednesday until Sunday on vacation in Vermont and might not have internet -- see you all soon!

In the meantime:
  • Chad VanGaalen - Infiniheart: Great bedroom indie, with one of the weirdest and most captivating voices I've heard in a while. Like Joanna Newsom, but a dude and not initially abrasive.
  • Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me: I'll be listening to this as I drive through Western Mass. Really amazing guitar work from a guy who's totally zonked. Anyone else ever see The Year Punk Broke and J. Mascis' hat? Whatta burnout.
  • Don Caballero - American Don: For anyone who liked Bonham but didn't think he took it far enough over the top. Not to downplay any of the guitar playing, but Damon Che (drummer) is not following anyone's lead. Super intricate polyrhythms, ricochet guitar, and bass fatter than Large Marge. Don't listen to this drunk, you'll get the spins. I'm serious.
  • Minor Threat - "Stepping Stone": Rock!
  • Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters: Nostalgia's at play here for a lot of this, but I still love this record to death. From "Alone and Easy Target" on is nearly perfect. "Exhausted", "For All the Cows" and "Weenie Beenie" all got play in the band I was in throughout high school. Sexy as hell, I know. You should have seen the syncronized jumps...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

geek... my band played "Alone + Easy Target" as well...