Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Back right after these messages...

Dearest reader,

It has been quite a bit since I have last updated this website. And there is no real reason for the lapse, other than I'm quite lazy. I can't get myself to sit down and write a damn article for the life of me and, as anyone familiar with writer's block (or laziness) will tell you, the longer you wait, the harder it is to motivate and find inspiration.

Of course, I have been absorbing all types of recorded sound, as well as one live concert, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy at the Theatre of the Living Arts in Philadelphia, with my honey dips. Really a fun show -- a nice performance, safe for music fans of all races/creeds and, most importantly, enjoyable lover music. We had a great night of beer drinking, music listening and faux-dancing/hipster-leg-tapping.

So, anyways, in my time of departure, I have been listening to a fair amount of music and neurotically organizing my iTunes files. A few choice selections that I may or may not write about in the future:
  • Spoon - Gimme Fiction (!)
  • Dusty Springfield - Dusty In Memphis
  • Akron/Family - Akron/Family
  • My Morning Jacket - The Tennessee Fire
  • Jesu - Jesu
  • The Mountain Goats - The Sunset Tree
  • Caribou - The Milk of Human Kindness
Also, due to my ever-expanding and enormous internet celebrity, I have been asked by Seattle-based label Wax Orchard (and the lovely, Ali Marcus--ali@waxorchard.com) to review a CD by Pistol Star entitled Crawl. Obviously, I will gladly entertain a role in the promotion cycle and you can look forward to that in the near future.

In the meantime, please feel free to contact me with some selections that I may have missed in the past few months, or anything that makes you feel sexy, vulnerable, and/or violent.

Best regards,

Brett

P.S. -- I love you!

No comments: