Monday, August 01, 2005

All Apologies

Hi!

This summer has most likely been a boring event for most of you GoldSound readers. (All 3 of you -- Hi Christine!) I don't know why I've been so slack at the posting thing, but I can't seem to get into it. I've been busy, but not so busy that I can't write.

I really do hope that things are going to pick up. I'd like for people to read this. Unfortunately for me, there really isn't a dearth of hipster music sites for people to wander to when this one isn't up and running. Therefore, rather than try to be snide, snobby and a shabby pitchforkmedia-lite, I'll attempt to do my best at reviewing the music and scenes that I love in an energetic, positive and interesting tone. If I backslide, you can all keep me in the know.

Up soon:
  • Review different independent music stores in the city of Philadelphia and its surrounding area. (This will most likely be ongoing since I can't take the time, or money, to look at records in 5 different locales.)
  • Go to a concert and review that shit. Sorry, I wanted to review the Wilco show but it's too long gone in my head.
  • Review the Sufjan album. (Probably won't get to this soon -- save this for the end-of-the-year wrap.)
  • Buy new records and review them.

Since I am indisposed at the moment, here's some things I listened to and liked in the past few weeks:

  • The Fucking Champs: III
  • Devendra Banhart: Rejoicing In the Hands
  • The Faces' "Ooh La La"
  • The Dismemberment Plan's "The City"

Also, plan on a sexy site design if I can figure it out. At least some links up in this jawhn.

No comments: