Monday, August 23, 2004

Hot Shyte

1. Spin writes, about R&B powerhouse Prince:

"In an interview with Dick Clark following a 1980 performance on American Bandstand, the Minneapolis iconoclast responded to a question about his career by inexplicably holding up four fingers and saying nothing."

Now that's some great research.

Also, download or buy "I Would Die 4 U".

And "Raspberry Beret".

While you're at it, maybe even check out "Diamonds and Pearls".

Actually, yes definitely check that and "I Wanna Be Your Lover".

2. Please check out this link and freak the fuck out. (Includes gnarly photos that may not be permissable for the work enviornment.)

3. Bad Religion have put out a new album The Empire Strikes First. Bad title, great pop-punk. I missed listening to this band. They sound like 7th grade (in a good, non-awkward, gonna-try-to-skateboard-and-meet-chicks way).

(I will be writing more in about a week after I visit my honey dips in Winston-Salem. I have found a job and will start work the day after Labor Day which will settle me into more of a schedule.)

No comments: